Leia.lá acceptable use policy
Updated August 23, 2023
At Leia.lá, our goal is to be a catalyst for connections; to empower people, brands and businesses of all sizes to engage with their customers anywhere at scale.
Leia.lá is committed to protecting and supporting the right to free expression. At the same time, we take the trust and security of our platform and user community seriously. Therefore, any attempt to use the Leia.lá Services to distribute harmful, false or misleading content or otherwise manipulate the Leia.lá Services (as defined in the Leia.lá Terms of Service) for such purposes is strictly prohibited. . If we determine that you are using or have used the Leia.lá Services inappropriately, including in violation of this Policy, we may restrict your ability to use our platform, remove your content, or suspend or terminate your account. Misconduct may also violate applicable laws and lead to legal action and civil and criminal penalties.
You may only use the Leia.lá Services in accordance with the Leia.lá Terms. If we suspend or revoke your privileges to use the Leia.lá Services, you will not be eligible to access them again until further notice from us and any attempt to circumvent such access restrictions (for example, by creating additional accounts or identities) is strictly prohibited and will result in the permanent deactivation of such accounts and their marking for future enforcement purposes.
Never use Leia.lá Services to distribute abusive, dangerous or illegal content.
It is prohibited to use Leia.lá Services to distribute or promote the following types of content (including, but not limited to text, images, video and audio):
- Content that attacks individuals or groups based on race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, religion, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition, as well as any content that promotes organizations with such views.
- Content that exploits children.
- Misinformation, including, but not limited to, medical or civic misinformation.
- Content that threatens, encourages or promotes violence or graphic images.
- Sexual or intimate content shared without the subject's consent.
- Any content that glamorizes or promotes self-harm or puts your safety or the safety of others at risk.
- Any content that promotes terrorism.
- Any other content that is illegal.
Never engage in abusive, dangerous or illegal behavior.
You are prohibited from using Leia.lá Services to engage in the following types of behavior:
- Distribute malware, viruses, harmful software, or other types of disruptive software.
- Engaging in phishing, spoofing, hacking, or other attempts to fraudulently gain access to someone's information.
- Sending bulk commercial emails or SMA (i.e. spam).
- Bypass Leia.lá systems to avoid detection of abuses described in the Leia.lá Terms.
- Sharing someone's private information without their consent (i.e. doxxing).
- Threatening violence or causing harm to others.
- Intimidating, harassing, or carrying out coordinated online attacks on individuals or groups (i.e. brigading).
- Pretend to be someone else or misrepresent your affiliation with people, organizations or other entities.
- Facilitate illegal activities, such as the sale of prohibited goods and/or services.
- Infringe the intellectual property of another person or entity.
Reporting abuses and violations
We encourage anyone who suspects that someone is tampering with the Leia.lá Services or violating our Acceptable Use Policy in any way to notify us. We investigate concerns thoroughly and take appropriate action, up to and including terminating user accounts.
If you believe that Leia.lá has wrongly flagged your activity as misconduct, you can contact us and we will investigate your appeal.
Action against non-compliance
If you have any questions about this Usage Policy, contact us.